V1P Lothian is the original project established during 2009. It was designed in collaboration with Veterans who were seeking a mental health and well-being service which understood them, as well as meeting their needs in a clinical manner for wider support and advice. The team consists of Veteran peer support workers, clinicians, therapists and an administration team.
- Peer Support Worker led caseload management of welfare issues
- Mental health assessment and treatment with both Psychiatry and Psychology
- Self referral through afternoon drop-in, phone and email (we also accept referrals through GPs and other agencies)
- Peer Support Worker led activities including fly fishing, city walks, music groups, archery, etc.
- In-house clinics from Citizen's Advice Bureau, Veterans UK and Edinburgh Housing Advice Project (EHAP).
We provide ex-forces personnel, families and carers with services and support to address whatever issues may be concerning you. Our aim is to know what call to make on how to support you in addressing any issues or concerns you have relating to your past service and your transition to living on “Civvy Street”.
In addition V1P Lothian hosts two national pilot projects – Individual Placement Support offering support into employment and our Criminal Justice Social Work Project that works with the courts to look at supportive options to reduce offending behaviour of Veterans should they appear at court.
Floor K, Argyle House,
3 Lady Lawson Street,
Make an enquiry
Please note, anything you send or say to us is held in strictest confidence. We never disclose or hand out any information to any third parties.
Support we offer
We provide an open access drop-in centre from Monday to Friday between 1.00pm and 3.30pm at V1P Lothian.